Heading to Hamilton Island today to photograph a beautiful Island Wedding.
Praying the weather is a little better there than it is here so we can get the colours we got when we photographed Hannah Glasby for this Queensland Brides Cover.
If there is a slight worry that there could be rain on your wedding day, please be prepared.
And Im not just talking about umbrellas. You also need a backup hairstyle (if your hair was planning to be out) and I recommend back up shoes. We photographed a Wedding in December last year where our Bride (Jodie) wore gorgeous electric blue satin heels. But after all the rain the blue from her shoes seaped up the wedding dress, dying her wedding dress blue from the knees down.
My safety kit I would recommend for couples that look like there is going to be a spot of rain on their wedding day is
- Umbreallas that match your theme, mood, or colours
- Gum boots (they are gorgeous in photos, especially if there Red Marc Jacobs)
- An up do, hair out can tend to look like a birds nest after bad weather
- Backup outdoor ceremony, leave a deposit on a marquee just in case
- Waterproof makeup
- Very attentive Bridesmaids
- Longer refreshment time between photo and reception, to make yourself feel gorgeous again before the party starts
- A positive attitude, we cant change the weather so just focus on what the day is all about – marrying your soul mate.